- What is an Air Waybill?
It is the document made out by or on behalf of the shipper which evidences the contract between the shipper and carrier(s) for carriage of goods over routes of the carrier(s)
- What is the purpose of an Air Waybill?
- Documentary evidence of the conclusion of the contract of carriage.
- Proof of receipt of the goods of shipment.
- Freight bill.
- Certificate of insurance (if carriers insurance is requested by the shipper).
- Guide to carriers staff in handling, dispatching and delivering the consignment.
- Who is responsible for the completion of the Air Waybill?
The shipper is responsible for the correctness of the particulars and statements relating to the goods which he inserts in the Air Waybill or which are inserted on his behalf.
- What does an Air Waybill look like?